Brazen Plus vs. Bonavita 1900, Which One Should You Buy?
The Brazen Plus, a SCAA-certified coffee maker, is often compared to the Bonavita brewer, which is also certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America. In this post, we will be looking at the difference between these two and how they compare to each other in features and performance.
For details on the features of each coffee brewer, read these reviews:
Brazen Plus vs. Bonavita BV1900, What’s The Difference?
Image Title Brazen Plus Customizable Temperature Control Brew System Bonavita BV1900TS 8 Cup Coffee Maker With Thermal Carafe Feature Temperature Control: Set brewing temperature from 190F-210F (88C-99C)
SCAA Certified for brewing quality based on specialty coffee industry standards
Pre-soak setting allows the coffee to bloom before brewing for better flavor
Programmable Brew Start Time: Wake up to coffee with timed brew setting
Ideal Coffee Extraction: Coffee grounds are fully saturated due to oversized showerhead and pulsing of the water flow
Lined with stainless steel instead of glass
The double walled design of the carafe helps to maintain the temperature of your coffee for a longer duration while the steel lining is now shatterproof.
Brewer is the optional pre-infusion function. When switched on the machine will pre-soak your coffee prior to brewing allowing your grounds to de-gas
The showerhead, filter basket, and carafe lid are all dishwasher safe and all plastic is BPA-free.
The flat bottomed filter basket and large showerhead ensure even wetting of your grounds to ensure proper extraction.
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- 8-cup capacity.
- Both the Brazen Plus and Bonavita 1900 have pre-soak feature which soaks the coffee ground to bloom it. This is a 30-seconds soak that allows the coffee to de-gas. On the Bonavita, the pre-soak function is optional and can be adjusted to be longer than 30 seconds. For the Brazen Plus, it can be adjusted from 15 secs up to 4 minutes.
- Also, both coffee makers have showerhead water flow which saturates the coffee ground fully for the best extraction.
- The flat-bottom brew baskets of both machines ensures that no coffee is left behind.
- Insulated stainless steel carafes.
- The Bonavita 1900 keeps optimal temperature of 195°-205°F (91°-96°C).
- The Brazen Plus has adjustable temperature (from 190° to 210° F).
- The Brazen Plus has LCD display clock, programmable Auto-Start, memory save feature.
- The Brazen Plus has an Elevation Calibration feature, this allows you to set your elevation for the best temperature calibration.
Which One To Buy?
The biggest advantage that the Brazen Plus gives you is the ability to adjust the brewing temperature from 190° to 210° F, which is great for someone who is specific about their coffee temperature. This also affects the taste of your coffee, if you’re familiar with how temperature can enhance your coffee beans. The Elevation Calibration is certainly a neat feature that any true coffee geek will make use of.
The LCD display is also quite helpful for programming auto start and any other features.
The Bonavita 1900 doesn’t have any of the advantages the Brazen Plus offers. It doesn’t have adjustable temperature, but it does keep an optimal temperature of 195°-205°F. It doesn’t have an LCD display, it doesn’t have a clock or auto-start.
The Brazen Plus certainly makes a more advanced and better choice than the Bonavita. Although it is slightly more expensive, the extra features you get are definitely worth the price.
Watch This Side by Side Comparison:
Incoming search terms:
- brazen plus vs bonavita
- behmor brazen plus vs bonavita 1900
- behmor brazen plus vs bonavita 1900 ts
- Bonavita 1900
- bonavita 1900ts vs bonavita 1900TD
- bonavita coffee vs brazen
- bonavita vs brazen
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers