Bonavita BV1900TS vs. Bonavita BV1800, Which One To Buy?
The Bonavita coffee maker is one of few SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) approved brewers for home. It provides you with excellent coffee at the most optimal temperature. We’ve reviewed the Bonavita BV1800 before, but today, we’re looking at the newer version: BV1900, and we’ll look at the differences between them.
Features of the Bonavita BV1900TS Coffee Maker:
- 8-cup brewing capacity.
- Optional Pre-infusion function soaks up your coffee ground before brewing to de-gas it for the best flavor.
- Showerhead completely saturates coffee for a full and even extraction.
- Double-walled stainless steel thermal carafe.
- 1500-watts power.
- Maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195°-205°F (91°-96°C)
- All plastic parts in the machine including: carafe lid, showerhead and filter basket are BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
What Is The Difference Between Bonavita BV1900 vs. BV18000?
|Title||Bonavita BV1900TS 8 Cup Coffee Maker With Thermal Carafe||Bonavita BV1800SS 8-Cup Original Coffee Brewer, Stainless Steel|
|Feature||Lined with stainless steel instead of glass|
The double walled design of the carafe helps to maintain the temperature of your coffee for a longer duration while the steel lining is now shatterproof.
Brewer is the optional pre-infusion function. When switched on the machine will pre-soak your coffee prior to brewing allowing your grounds to de-gas
The showerhead, filter basket, and carafe lid are all dishwasher safe and all plastic is BPA-free.
The flat bottomed filter basket and large showerhead ensure even wetting of your grounds to ensure proper extraction.
|One-Touch brew operation|
Powerful and precise 1400-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195 degree-205 degree (91 degree-96 Degree Celsius)
Showerhead designed for complete saturation and optimal extraction
Durable, stainless steel lined thermal carafe keeps coffee warm
Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe and all plastic is BPA-free
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info|
- BV1900: 1500-watts
- BV1800: 1400-watts
- BV1900: Stainless steel lined thermal carafe.
- BV1800: Glass lined Stainless steel thermal carafe.
- BV1900: Flat bottomed basket provides a better and more even extraction.
- BV1800: V-shaped basket.
Which One To Buy?
The BV1900 is an improvement over the BV1800. The redesigned brew basket on the BV1900 will provide you with a better, less bitter and less acidic coffee. It’s also easier to clean than the V-shaped, which could have some beans stuck to it. The stainless steel lined carafe is definitely considered a big improvement from the glass lined one on the BV1800. The glass lined carafe had the risk of imploding at times, either due to user error (either shocking the carafe with cold water while still hot), or for apparent reason at time. The stainless steel lined carafe with the BV1900 model doesn’t have this issue. Although, the BV1800 is available with a stainless steel lined carafe instead of the glass lined.
Overall, we do recommend the BV1900 over the BV1800 for its many improvements.
Watch This Side by Side Comparison of the Bonavita 1800 vs 1900:
Incoming search terms:
- bonavita 1800 vs 1900
- BonavitaBV1900TSvs BonavitaBV1800 WhichOneToBuy?|CoffeeGearatHome
- bonavita bv1800
- bonavita bv1900ts
- Bonavita 1900 Coffee Maker
- bonavita 1800ss
- difference between bonavita bv 1900 and bv 1800
- bonavita bv1800 vs bv1900
- Bonavita BV1800SS 8-Cup Original vs Bonavita BV1900TS
- bonavita bv1900
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers