Best Espresso Machines for Under $200
Our next budget targeted post is for someone who is looking to spend $200 or less on their espresso machine. This is an excellent range for an entry level espresso machine that is better that those machine at under $100. They’re nicely designed, make excellent coffee and still won’t overwhelm any one just starting out. Here’s our top picks:
DeLonghi EC702 Stainless Steel Espresso Machine:
- 15 bar pressure pump.
- Stainless steel boiler.
- Dual function filter for making a single or double shot, as well as for holding e.s.e coffee pods.
- Patented milk frother/steam wand makes perfect frothy milk at ease.
- 44-ounce water tank.
- Built-in coffee tamper.
- Cup warming tray.
- Easy button controls and light indicators.
Cuisinart EM-100 Stainless Steel Espresso Maker:
- 15 bar pressure pump.
- Filter makes a single/double shot and can use e.s.e pods.
- Steam wand for milk frothing.
- Hot water dispenser.
- 53 ounce water tank.
- cup warming tray.
- Knob controls and light indicators.
- Included accessories: frothing jug and tamping tool.
KRUPS XP601050 Manual Pump Stainless Steel Espresso Machine:
- 15-bar pressure pump.
- 50 ounce water tank, transparent and front-facing for easy water level monitoring.
- Use ground coffee or e.s.e pods.
- Steam wand/hot water dispenser.
- Cup warming tray.
- Included accessory: double-sided tool, tamper and coffee scoop.
Are Stainless Steel Espresso Machines Better Than Other Machines?
Have you noticed the difference between these machines – which are only slightly higher in price – and the espresso machines under $100? The major difference is that these machine are either fully or mostly stainless steel built.
Why is it important that an espresso machine has stainless steel housing? Many reasons…
- when it comes to espresso machines, you’re dealing with heat, steam, hot water… high temperature in general, which does not affect stainless steel like it does with plastic. so it’s important that at least the parts that are in direct touch with high temperature are not plastic.
- As a result, stainless steel machines have longer lives and function better.
- Stainless steel is much easier to clean, wipe it clean and it’s good to go. For that reason, it remains looking like new for a long time.
Which Of The Machines Listed Above Should I Get?
- If you’re going to make many cups of coffee per day, then it’s necessary to have a larger tank capacity, so that would be: The Cuisinart machine (53 oz) or the KRUPS (50 oz).
- The DeLonghi EC702 seems to be the most popular choice among those three. That’s not necessarily because it is the best one, but DeLonghi could be the most popular name in comparison to the other two. It is still a very good machine, though.
- Price wise, the KRUPS seems to be the most budget friendly, followed by the Cuisinart then the DeLonghi. So if you’re on a strict budget, you’d consider them in that order.
DeLonghi EC707 vs. EC155:
DeLonghi EC702 vs. Breville Cafe Roma:
The Breville Cafe Roma is in the same class as the DeLonghi EC702. Differences in the Cafe Roma are as follows:
- The Cafe Roma has more of a classical espresso machine design. It is full stainless steel unlike the DeLonghi which has some plastic parts.
- The water tank has an external window so you can easily monitor how much water is left.
- The portafilter is dual-walled. This helps extract a fuller and more flavorful shot of espresso.
- It includes all accessories you need to get started: a set of 2 stainless steel espresso cups and a stainless steel frothing jug.
The Breville Cafe Roma offers excellent value for its price.
DeLonghi EC702 vs. Cuisinart EM-100:
There’s not much difference between the DeLonghi and Cuisinart except for a few features:
- The Cuisinart has a larger water tank. It is 53 ounces, in comparison’s to DeLonghi’s 44 ounce.
- The Cuisinart includes a frothing jug and a tamper. The DeLonghi has a built-in tamper but does not offer a frothing jug.
- Power wise, the Cuisinart is 1000-watts while the DeLonghi is 1100-watts.
- Read about the difference between Cuisinart EM-100 and EM-200 here.
Incoming search terms:
- best espresso machine under 200
- best espresso machine under $200
- Best espresso machines under 200
- cuisinart espresso vs breville roma
- cuisinart espresso maker vs breville cafe roma
- breville cafe roma vs cuisinart
- best cappuccino maker under $200
- best espresso machine under $200 reviews
- best espresso machine for under 200
- machine espresso delonghi vs breville
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers